At the Mugello Old Circuit with an Oldtimer
- Countryside; Family Holiday; Mugello and Val di Sieve; Appennino Tosco-Romagnolo
MUGELLO LAND OF MOTORS:
WITH A VINTAGE CAR ON THE OLD STREET CIRCUIT
The Mugello valley is known as the land of motors.
In Italy and around the world, it’s first and foremost appreciated for its excellent International Circuit, where they are the most important car and motorcycle competitions, including the World Moto GP.
The connection between the Mugello valley and the world of motorsport comes from far away: the first race, the “Gran Premio del Mugello”, was held in 1914. The Automobile Club of Florence, always looking for new locations so exciting as challenging, chose two Apennine passes -the Futa pass and the Giogo pass- to kick off this new competition that would have marked the history not only of this area, but of the Italian motorsport. On these roads are challenged the most important car manufacturers: Alfa Romeo, Ferrari, Porsche, Abarth, as well as some of the pilots 'fathers' of Italian motoring: G. Campari, A. Maserati, E. Ferrari, F. Nazzaro, T. Nuvolari and C. Biondetti.
The Mugello valley is the land of motors: the “Gran Premio del Mugello” was one of the most beloved by the public and by the pilots, thanks both to its competitive difficulties and to the beauty of its breathtaking scenery, among picturesque medieval villages and spectacular Apennine landscapes. It’s the past that extends his hand to the future, it’s the tradition that passes the baton to the progress, it’s the beauty that becomes adrenaline.
A trip at the beginning of the modern dream ...
Accompanied by a driver and a multilingual guide, you can retrace the old Mugello Street Circuit with a vintage car and relive the thrills of the first motor racing. You can discover its history, its champions and its anecdotes, enjoy all its curves, ups and downs and wonderful landscapes.
Aboard an old VW Beetle or a classic Fiat 128 Coupé, you can choose between an half-day excursion which will run on two possible routes:
• “Little Mugello”: Ghiereto - Barberino - Montecarelli - Le Maschere - Ghiereto, or:
• “Picturesque Mugello”: Galliano - Bosco ai Frati - Gabbiano - Panna - Santa Lucia - Le Maschere - Galliano,
or you can opt for a full day excursion that follows the complete Street Circuit:
• “Old Street Circuit of Mugello”: San Piero - Scarperia - Giogo Pass - Firenzuola - Futa Pass - Le Maschere - Cafaggiolo - San Piero.
During your excursion, you can stop off to visit the villages and to discover the most beautiful places that crosses the old route.
With a customized budget, you can also agree with the organizers alternative routes with a vintage car in the Mugello and Florence valleys.
Tuscany is too beautiful to describe: It must be experienced !
-Ancient palaces, museums, ancient workshops;
- chance to drive a Ferrari at the Mugello Circuit;
- tastings of wine and olive oil;
- golf course to 18 holes;
- beach activities at nearby Bilancino Lake;
- Barberino Designer Outlet with their fashion collections at prices constantly reduced from 30% to 70%. And more…