Vespa tour on the Etruscan Coast
- Vespa Tours; Riviera degli Etruschi
Take a wonderful ride on a Vespa along the Etruscan Coast, with Pisa as the point of departure and arrival. Your journey will take five days, three of which you'll be riding a Vespa. You will have overnight stays in two different places.
It’s a self-guided tour - a detailed and easy-to-use road book will lead you through the various stages of the route.
Points of interest along the way include the towns of Pisa and Livorno, the rocky shore of Marina di Pisa, the cliffs in Calafuria and along the coast, south of Livorno, the Gulf of Baratti and the Etruscan Necropolis in Populonia, the charming hamlets of Bolgheri and Castagneto Carducci, the Strada del vino della Costa degli Etruschi (Wine Road of the Etruscan Coast), and the Santa Luce natural oasis in the inland area.
- 1st day Arrival at the hotel in Pisa; free time to visit the town, dinner in a restaurant in Pisa and stay overnight in the hotel.
- 2nd day Pick up the Vespa in the centre of town (deposit required), then departure, following the route as per the road book: along the coast, through Marina di Pisa and Tirrenia, then Livorno and Castiglioncello, arriving in Castagneto Carducci. Lunch to be bought along the way (not included).
Check-in at the hotel near Castagneto, dinner and overnight stay.
- 3rd day The third day's itinerary is a ring-formed route returning to the hotel where you are staying. The route passes through the Gulf of Baratti, the ancient fortified hamlet of Populonia and the Etruscan Necropolis, as well as the Etruscan Spa Wellness of Venturina. The route is short and you will have time for tourist visits, swimming in the sea, or plunging into the Etruscan hot springs. Return to Castagneto Carducci.
Lunch to be bought along the way (not included); dinner and overnight at hotel.
- 4th day Return to Pisa along the Strada del Vino (Wine Road) della Costa degli Etruschi, riding through the villages of Bolgheri and Bibbona, and through the natural park of Santa Luce. Arrive in Pisa and drop off the Vespa; dinner in a restaurant in Pisa and overnight at hotel.
- 5th day Check out at the hotel; end of the services*
* The journey can naturally be extended to explore other destinations.
The holiday package includes:
- Two overnights in double room with breakfast in a 3* hotel in Pisa;
- Two overnights in double room with breakfast in 3* hotel near Castagneto Carducci;
- Two dinners at the hotel restaurant in Castagneto (drinks not included);
- Two dinners in restaurants in Pisa (drinks not included);
3 days of Vespa rental, including helmets and Civil Liability Insurance;
- Detailed road book providing directions and itinerary information.
Price: € 470,00 per person in double room, with shared use of a Vespa.
Extra charge of € 82,00 per person/ package for the single use of the Vespa.
- Extra charge for single room on request.
- Possibility of luggage transfer from an hotel to another with extra charge to be quoted upon request according to the number of participants.
- Tourist tax, to be paid directly to the hotels.
Not included in price:
lunch, drinks at dinner and everything not mentioned in the paragraph above.
Minors may not rent Vespas - European driving licence A or B plus credit card to be provided as proof.