Farmhouse & etruscan tombs in Volterra
- Countryside; Local Products; Family Holiday; Farmhouse; Apartment; Volterra and Valdicecina
This farmhouse lies in the heart of Tuscany, in a central location between the cities of Pisa, Florence and Siena. lt is surrounded by unspoilt green countryside, and is also very close to San Gimignano (20 minutes away) and the Etruscan coastline (40 minutes away).
The farm covers a total area of about 5 hectares, and is located around a mile away from the center of Volterra. You van take a long walk from the accommodations to the city center along the original Roman roads which connected Volterra to Florence.You may also take the opportunity to walk among the fruit trees, grape vines and chestnut trees, or stroll in the woods, where we rear goats and tend to beehives.
There are 5 apartments :
n.1 - apartment 100 sqm for 6/8 persons
with 3 bedrooms, 2 cooking areas and 2 bathrooms ;
n.2 - a beautiful 2-room apartment for 4 persons (60 sqm)
n.3 - a single studio apartment for 2/4 persons, accessible to wheel chair guests
n.4 - a beautiful 3-room apartment for 4/6 persons, over 2 levels, 75 sqm
n.5 - a new 2-room apartment for 2/4 persons 65 sqm
Each apartment has its own separate outdoor space.
- Swimming pool of 12 x 6 x 1.4 meters, encircled by a spacious solarium and equipped with beach umbrellas, sun beds, and solar shower.
The swimming pool is in operation from May to October, during which time all our guests have free access. For health and safety reasons children must be accompanied.
- Dinner: from 8 pm. Offers a fixed menu ranging from very local products to typical Tuscan dishes, such as ribollita (Ribboned wild boar or mushroom macaroni, mixed grill with cinta senese meat, faraona of the peasant, local chicken, homemade cakes). The average price is 25 euros per person - drinks are included.
- Small and cosy library.
- Pets are permitted.
- 300 meters from the property are of Etruscan tombs.
- San Gimignano 20 minutes
- The sea of the Etruscan Coast is a 40-minute
- Siena 40 minutes
- Florence 60 minutes
- Cooking courses can be organised upon request.
- TASTING OF PRODUCTS : The farm also includes a tasting room. Upon request you will get the opportunity to taste the farm's traditional Tuscan products and good wine from the region. Products are available to purchase after the tasting session (honey, extra virgin olive oil, wine, marmalade, salami, cheese, and more).
IN SUMMER only from SATURDAY to SATURDAY